Profitability and market viability are two of the primary reasons a growing number of US manufacturing businesses rely on turnkey packaging solutions. Both are vital elements required to maintain quality and efficiency, and they impact on the bottom line of what makes any business successful.
While it is accepted that most high volume packagers will benefit from complete turnkey automated packaging solutions, many smaller businesses are now finding that outsourcing packaging is the best way to keep consumer focused and to stay fiscally solvent.
In the early 2000s many businesses (especially smaller ones) were determined to handle most if not all their packaging needs in house. A lot did outsource the labor part of projects, but remained hands on when it came to managing planning and scheduling of supply chains. At the same time, there was a market trend to make use of packaging solutions offered offshore.
With constantly improving technology, more and more businesses have realized that the best way to stay highly competitive without constantly increasing costs, is to let dedicated companies provide turnkey packaging solutions for them. While some still do use overseas options, many more have found that any cost savings they had predicted were absorbed by other factors, including shipping.
A packaging partner will typically handle everything, from concept to completion, from sourcing raw components to getting goods to point of sale or to distribution networks. The manufacturing company can then remain focused on core competencies and concentrate on what they do best, improving products and services, maintaining efficiency and quality, and ultimately increasing profitably.
Key Benefits of Using Turnkey Packaging Solutions
A successful turnkey solution for packaging provides fully integrated strategies that a specialist contractor will handle. It’s like having a business partner with the expertise and facilities stepping in to take the burden of a laborious though vital part of any manufacturing business. The other option is for the business to take a DIY route, or to outsource to a number of different specialists, for instance designers, packaging manufacturers, and then packers. By keeping packaging under one roof, as it were, and allowing one dedicated contractor to do the job, manufacturers are able to:
- Work with people with experience who are flexible in terms of packaging specifications, and generally adaptable to their needs.
- Rely on the experience of companies that focus only on packaging. A good packaging partner will have the resources and core competencies that most manufacturing companies don’t have, and will be able to suggest innovative approaches to packaging problems.
- Depend on one contractor to ensure that quality is consistent.
- Save time and money. When multiple contractors are involved, responsibility is shared, and if there are incorrect specifications, material shortages or even surpluses, this can impact on different elements of the job, often wasting both time and money, and delaying deadlines. When one reliable contractor takes responsibility, this doesn’t happen.
- Count on a minimal turnaround time that will shorten the supply chain and increase both efficiency and profitability. They only have to deal with one contractor, and that contractor is answerable to the business owner or its managers. It’s the best way to meet deadlines and make money.
Technik Packaging Services has the equipment and expertise needed for reliable and complete turnkey automated solutions. In addition to product packaging services, Technik will also take over product logistics, assembly, and fulfillment. Call or email for more information.